Diabetes becomes common among humans worldwide irrespective of the age factor. Diabetes can strike anyone at any age. According to the experts, around 450 million people living with diabetes and the numbers keep on increasing on yearly basis. To control this we need Diabetes diet a healthy eating plan.
Living with diabetes is just like fighting with emotions, finance for entire life. According to experts view, the cause of chronic disease Diabetes may vary depending upon the types; however, the end results of diabetes will lead towards serious health problems.
What is Diabetes?
In simple words, diabetes can explain as the group of disease that imbalance the blood sugar (Glucose) level in human body. Blood sugar (Glucose) plays a vital role in energizing the cells that are responsible for creating muscles, tissues and act as a source of fuel for the human brain.
In general, glucose moves all over the body via the bloodstream. Glucose reaches the brain, body cells and boosts its function. Excessive glucose is stored in the liver for future needs of the human body. To make use of the blood glucose, the human body requires insulin hormone which acts as a door for glucose to reach human cells. But with the presence of diabetes, the entire system won’t work leaves our human body in the typical imbalanced state.
People with diabetes condition will lack in producing enough insulin and that creates an impact on metabolism.
Types of Diabetes
Type 1 and Types 2 diabetes are the two main kinds seen among human worldwide. Based on the recent study, about 90% of the people living with diabetes have Type 2 form. The most devastating fact is more than 75% of the people with Type 2 diabetes are totally unaware of their situation and living without any proper treatments. The reason behind this unawareness is mainly due to the no early symptoms.
Let’s get deep into the diabetes types
- What is Type 1 Diabetes?
Type 1 Diabetes often referred to as the most dangerous one. Because it affects the insulin production in the human body and it can diagnose in all age groups even on children/infant.
Type 1 Diabetes also referred to as Insulin-dependent diabetes or Juvenile Diabetes. The immune system of the people with type 1 diabetes kills the pancreas (Insulin-production cells) that affects insulin production. As a result, excessive blood sugar (Glucose) accumulated in the human body.
- What is Type 2 Diabetes?
It is the most commonly seen diabetes among the majority of people. People with Type 2 diabetes don’t produce enough insulin on their own; it also called as the non-insulin dependent diabetes.
Though, this type of diabetes occurs on people with age above 35 but reports points that the number of young adults gets type 2 diseases growing rapidly.
Cause of Diabetes
- Cause of Type 1 Diabetes
Though there is no proven reason behind the cause of Type 1 diabetes, experts strongly believe that the combination of genetics and environmental condition leads to autoimmune disorder.
- Cause of Type 2 Diabetes
Insulin resistance and obesity play a major role in causing Type 2 diabetes. In addition to those, genetic factors based on family history may increase the occurrence of Type 2 diabetes.
Symptoms of Diabetes
- Frequent Urination
- Excessive Thirst
- Poor Healing on Wounds
- Weight Loss
- Body feel Starved of glucose
- Blurred Vision
Treatments for all types of diabetes
It doesn’t matter whether the blood glucose level higher or lower from the normal. Diabetes will lead to serious problems on the eyes, nerves, heart, stroke, and kidneys.
- Treating Type 1 Diabetes
Often people with Type 1 diabetes treated with insulin therapy where an outside source of insulin injected. A balancing act is necessary for Type 1 Diabetes patients on Insulin therapy, if glucose level increases it will lead to hypoglycemia (life-threatening) and if it decreases it will lead to hyperglycemia (Long-term complications).
- Treating Type 2 Diabetes
This type of diabetes occurs mainly because of insulin resistance caused by overweight with a sedentary lifestyle. Owing to that, treatment for Type 1 diabetes mainly focused on diet and exercise. Often people suggested taking oral medications to help the body to produce enough insulin. However, for some people insulin therapy required upon their blood sugar level.
The Diabetes Diet
Both Type 1 and Type 2 diabetes requires a properly planned healthy diet to prevent, control and to reverse the impact of diabetes. Having a proper diabetes diet can really do wonder and in most cases, Type 2 diabetes can be controlled and reversed fully.
Don’t feel bad about hearing the term Diabetes diet. To be frank, diabetes diet eating tasty food with well balanced healthy food that will boost mood and energy level/metabolism of the rejuvenating body cells.
For controlling and to prevent diabetes, one should pay attention to the foods with balanced nutrients and to avoid/reduce in taking of few foods. In most cases, the foods with the presence of high carbohydrates should be avoid/reduced to the minimum level.
A diabetes diet is not a complicated one as many think. To be frank, people with diabetes don’t need to give up their favorite food, however; one should pick smart choices to identify the myths and facts of the foods. Here are the few tips to follow for preventing and controlling diabetes.
- Planning a Healthy Diabetes Diet
– Plan properly and limit the consumption of hidden sugars
– Desserts don’t matter as long as it consumed with a healthy meal plan
– Consider about consuming whole grain carbs instead of starchy carbs
– Focus to eat foods with high fiber and digest slowly which eventually keep blood glucose even
– A Diabetic Diet is about eating healthy apart from being a diabetic patient. No need for special expensive diabetic
- Healthy Eating Habits for People with Diabetes
– Enjoy having regular food consumption starting from Breakfast, lunch, and dinner. However, make sure that each meal consumed within maximum 6 hours gap.
– Prefer fiber-enriched foods like fruits, vegetables, brown bread, wheat pasta, and even brown rice.
– Always prefer calorie-free drinks by skipping sugars by using alternatives.
Best Foods to Control Diabetes
- Fatty Fish: It contains inflammation reducer Omega-3 fats. Inflammation causes heart disease and stroke.
- Leafy Greens: Enriched in Nutrients and acts like an antioxidants
- Cinnamon: Balance blood sugar level and improves the insulin sensitivity mostly handy for people with type 2 diabetics.
- Turmeric: Protects against heart and kidney disease along by reducing blood pressure and inflammation.
- Nuts: A healthy addition in the diabetic diet comes under the whole grain carbs classification and digests slowly.
- Broccoli: A necessary food for having a healthy diet, it is a low calorie, low carb food with a lot of nutrients.
- Garlic: Helps on reducing blood sugar level, blood pressure, and cholesterol among the people with diabetes.
- Strawberries: Apart from being a low sugar food fruits, it reducing inflammation and prevents hearty oriented diseases.
Having uncontrolled diabetes could trigger the risk factor of infected with several serious diseases including life-threatening forms. However, with proper healthy diabetes diet along with the proper exercising like regular walking for a minimum of 30 minutes a day, swimming, cycling or with any other moderate-intensity activity will play a handy role on controlling diabetes.